Talisman Woods Housing Cooperative is a non-profit housing community that strives to provide affordable and safe housing for adults and families. We are currently looking for a full time Maintenance employee to assist with the day to day operations of the buildings.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must be physically capable of climbing stairs, as the buildings are 3 story walk-ups without elevators.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs regularly.
- The ability to perform multiple technical tasks in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Adherence to safety practices required - handling hazardous materials, WHIMIS, Fall arrest safety, etc.
- Performing general repairs to property and units as needed.
- Complete in-suite turnover activities. This may include light and heavy maintenance including painting and/or repair or replacement of appliances, kitchen or bathroom fixtures, basic carpentry, etc.
- Perform a variety of maintenance activities (e.g. drywall repairs, ceiling repairs, minor plumbing, painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Complete assigned service requests (work orders) for both in-suite (interior and exterior) and common area issues in a timely manner.
- General maintenance and upkeep of units and common areas.
- Maintain regular and timely documentation of maintenance activities, fire safety logs, and utility rooms.
- May be required to work with other contractors or service providers
- All other duties within the scope of the job, as requested by management.
37.5 hours/week, with salary based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Building Maintenance: 3 years (Required)