For over 34 years Pacific Coast Community Resources has been empowering people with diverse abilities to live the life they envision in the communities where they live, work and pursue recreational opportunities. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant programs that provide exceptional person-centered supports and advocacy that enhances people’s lives. Our vision is to support people in building community and we believe diversity makes our community stronger.
PCCR is proud to offer services through all of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, Okanagan and Kootenays. We are always hiring people with the right combination of dedication to quality care and passion for making a difference and we look forward to providing the necessary training to develop your skills and passion within your role.
Community Support Worker team members provide care and support to individuals living in residential homes within their community. Our employees encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained. This role is permanent and supports high medical need individuals.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the individual’s rights and choices are respected and advocate as needed
- Proven ability to interact effectively with persons served
- Coordinate, implement and facilitate the individual’s participation in community based social, vocational and volunteer activities
- Empower individuals to be full citizens of their community
- Foster positive relationships with family members, colleagues, professionals and members of the community
- Participate in the development, implementation and documentation of Individual Service Plans
- Grade 12 education
- Community Support Worker Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in community social services/health care
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate and TB Test
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with team members, professionals, families, and community members
- Non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of behaviour management principles and strategies including mental health needs and acquired brain injuries
- Valid BC Driver’s License & Driver’s Abstract
- Current Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults
To join a growing and dynamic team, apply today!
Pacific Coast is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming all creeds, cultures, races and sexual orientations. We believe diversity makes our communities stronger and with us, differences are valued.
Please visit our website for more information at www.pccri.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.63-$25.19 per hour
- Community/social support: 2 years (preferred)