Norfolk Disposal Services Limited is a family owned and operated business servicing Norfolk and surrounding area for more than 50 years.
Norfolk Disposal Services is currently seeking a transfer station attendant/heavy equipment (excavator, loader) operator to work at our transfer station.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- $20.00 an hour plus 4% vacation pay ($50,000.00 to $55,000.00 or more a year)
- Paid at 1 ½ times regular rate of pay for hours exceeding 44
- Competitive benefits package
- Annual work boot allowance
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan/Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday, 10-hour shifts
- Must be available to work alternating Saturday morning shifts
- Must be able to operate a loader when needed, moving waste on the tipping floor and loading open top trailers
- Must be able to operate an excavator on a raised platform inside a transfer station building, if required
- Must be willing to assist other employees on tipping floor when equipment is idle
- Direct incoming vehicles to the appropriate tipping area
- Inspect all incoming loads to ensure there is no solid/liquid hazardous or asbestos waste in it
- Ensure that all roll-off containers are properly secured
- Conduct pre/post trip inspections on equipment and document it daily
- Operate and inspect transfer station equipment daily
- Maintain equipment (fluid levels, grease) and cleanliness
- Sort and separate materials for recycling
- Prepare materials and loads for transport
- Assist or perform other duties as required
- Respond to questions from the customers
For questions on how to submit an application call 519-443-2014 ext. 256 or apply today by sending in your resume by email or by fax 519-443-6145.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Norfolk Disposal Services Limited will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday