POPOSITION: Crew Team Lead
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours/wk.
Construct will operate as a linking Employment Social Enterprise within Blue Door that fosters labour market attachment for individuals facing barriers to employment in York Region providing training, supportive employment opportunities, case management and wraparound supports, finally supporting participants to receive their apprenticeship and/or gain employment in the construction trades.
Job Summary: The incumbent must have an advanced understanding of carpentry fundamentals for residential, commercial and industrial settings and will help to build the social enterprise beginning with General Labour contracts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Social Enterprise, the Crew Team Lead performs, and coordinates activities of workers (program participants) and must possess strong customer service skills, be willing to operate in high stress environments and possess the ability to balance both social and economic goals of the Employment Social Enterprise.
Must demonstrate accountability, flexibility and multi-tasking abilities to complete jobs at a high quality, on time and on budget regardless of unfortunate circumstances, including the absence of workers (program participants) and the consequent additional hours that the incumbent will be required to work.
- Provide leadership through establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with field staff and sub trades in order to promote positive morale.
- Supervision and development of program participants through regular feedback and coaching.
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager and support staff to ensure projects are completed timely, with high-quality workmanship.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in working order and proper inventories are kept.
- Instructs workers in equipment operation, proper safety and removal procedures.
- Assigns and supervises workers in specific tasks, such as setup of equipment, removal and clean-up of job sites.
- Assist workers in job related activities.
- Hands on training of participants in maintenance best practices and safety procedures.
- Promote a safe working environment; ensuring regular tool-box meetings are conducted.
- Address unsafe work practices and make sure that information is recorded.
- Corrects any unsafe work condition or practice.
- Monitors and inspects quality of work during operations.
- Examines workers’ equipment to ensure that they meet organization and government safety standards.
- Maintains project records and communicates to designated team members when supplies are needed.
- Ensure safety procedures are developed and followed for operation of all equipment.
- Ensure that required personal protective safety equipment is made available and used by all staff and program participants alike.
- Erects and disassembles equipment and machinery as needed.
- Maintains good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite.
- Works under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Follow and help train and enforce all aspects of the Construct Health & Safety Policy to Program Participants and all relevant stakeholders.
For all staff: Supports overall services
- Able and willing to promote harm reduction practices and anti-oppression practice
- Attend internal staff meetings and staff training as required
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client and agency information
- Other duties as assigned.
For all staff:
Occupational Health & Safety
- All employees are responsible for carrying out work in a way that does not adversely affect their own health and safety and that of others
- All employees shall learn and understand health and safety policies and procedures and will comply with them
- Working at Heights Training
- Knowledge of OHSA Policy and Regulations
- Proven superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Desire to support at-risk populations
- Understanding and promotion of anti-oppressive practices
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening Report from York Regional Police
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driver abstract
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to promote equity and reflect the diversity of York Region; we encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBT, members of visible minorities and women.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Blue Door Shelters AODA Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- job related: 3 years (Preferred)