Do you want to be a valued member of the food services team? Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Scullery is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes, small wares, and cutlery during his/her shift in the kitchen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Wash and store all kitchenware. Organize dishware for employees to take out of the dish pit.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Keep all areas of the dish room clean and clear of standing water at all times. This includes the storage and food prep areas.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the kitchen manager or assistant kitchen manager.
- Understand all chemical uses and storage. Keep all chemicals stocked and labeled properly.
- Replace all cleaned and dry items in their designated areas.
- Clean and organize the dish area and follow all cleaning schedules and checklists.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.85 to $14.00 /hour