MYRA Systems is currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Database Administrator in our Victoria office.
Our preference is for candidates with strong UNIX and Oracle experience. MYRA is interested in qualified candidates who enjoy working in a fast paced team environment and welcome technical challenges in a professional and confident manner.
For 34 years, MYRA Systems has provided information technology solutions and technology infrastructure services focused on support, design, planning and implementation to our customers.
MYRA provides services ranging from project-based technical services to fully-managed infrastructure operations. We implement, manage and operate the technology infrastructure for corporate and business systems in a wide variety of industries.
Core requirements for this position include:
- Excellent interpersonal, English verbal and written communication skills
- Current technical certifications and/or experience
- Experience should include support in enterprise environments
- Experience working closely with technical teams, external vendors, and customers to ensure smooth implementations
- Experience should include database implementation, performance tuning, upgrades and patches, backup and recovery, replication/disaster recovery, database security and deployment of database application changes
Mandatory requirements (must have at least 1 of the following):
- SQL Server Experience: T-SQL, backup/recovery, optimization, upgrades
- Oracle Experience: SQL, PL/SQL, backup/recovery, import/export, disaster recovery, high availability
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Current OCA or OCP or better and/or sufficient experience to have learned the true limits and capabilities of Oracle: 18c, 12c, 11g
- Demonstrated ability to competently utilize Operating Systems supporting Oracle databases, e.g. Solaris, Linux, AIX or otherwise
Things that will rate you higher for this position:
- Familiarity with supporting Solaris, Windows, AIX, and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with implementing Cloud databases such as Azure SQL, Oracle Cloud, or AWS database services
- Familiarity with Supporting other Oracle Applications
- Familiarity with Oracle RAC
- Familiarity with Oracle DataGuard
- Familiarity with Oracle GoldenGate
- Familiarity with Cisco or other vendors’ networking
- Familiarity with virtualization and best practices for implementation
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Having successfully completed an Oracle 11g, 12c, or 18c upgrade
- Familiarity with SAN technologies such as EMC, 3PAR, or NetApp
- MySQL or Postgres Experience: Installation, backup/recovery, optimization
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop both professional and technical skills
- Receive on the job as well as formal training
- Work with a variety of highly skilled IT technical specialists
You should apply if:
- You currently meet the minimum requirements for this position
- You can work effectively with project managers and technicians and be self-directed for a wide variety of assignments and projects
- You like change and to be constantly learning
- You like meeting customers and can represent the company and your own knowledge both in person and on paper clearly, concisely and with respect
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send the following to careers[at]myra.com:
- a cover letter that articulates your skills and experiences, and references this opportunity: Senior Database Administrator – Victoria
- your resume
Closing Date: Position open until filled.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you heard about this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time