Contract Term: 2-3 Months
Role: UI/UX Designer
Rules Cube has an exciting opportunity for a talented UI/UX Designer for our growing team in Toronto.
You are Passion for emerging technologies and desire to innovate. We are looking for someone with strong retail industry experience.
- Work closely with product owners, business partners, developers, and data architects to understand business and functional requirements, as well as technical considerations.
- Lead the ideation and experience design of complex applications for web and mobile.
- Own the creation of consistent experiences across products and platforms through user-centered design processes, including competitor analysis, heuristic evaluations, personas, sitemaps, process flows, wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure the design quality is maintained down the stream.
- Present and review designs with developers, product managers, and key stakeholders.
- Be able to educate and articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and design decisions.
- Conduct and/or coordinate design walkthroughs, feedback sessions and usability testing to validate proposed design solutions with stakeholders and end users.
- Ensure consistency across digital experiences and contribute in growing our library of components, interaction models and style guide.
- Advocate for good user experience and design practices within the organization.
- 3+ years UI/UX Design experience
- Must-Have mobile app design experience
- Must-Have experience with Retail industry – customer facing products
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI (human computer interaction), Design or related fields; OR 4-6 years of experience in designing digital products, preferably mobile apps.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Axure, Proto.io, etc.)
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life.
- Proven experience bringing digital products to life.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a diversity of experience that encompasses UX expertise, interaction design, creativity and critical thinking.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and quickly iterating your way to a well, thought-out solution.
- Able to adapt approach and process to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team in an agile environment.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design practices with a desire to understand the end user.
- Solid understanding of front-end development and are comfortable talking to developers about the details of style sheets and CSS implementation.
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
Job Type: Contract
- UI/UX design: 3 years (Required)
- Retail Industry: 3 years (Required)