This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, guidance and assistance to the slot staff as well as handling cash transactions in accordance with AGLC Terms and Conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides exceptional customer service.
2. Oversees,assists and advises Slot and Off Track Betting Staff.
3. Monitors the gaming floor and cash cage to ensure slot integrity.
4. Provides technical support for slot machines, VLT‘s and TRK‘s: machine malfunctions .
5. Handles and reports customer disputes according to AGLC terms and conditions.
6. Administers handpays and cancelled credits.
7. Handles banking issues and cashiering duties.
8. Verifies outgoing floats and incoming floats from other departments.
9. Data entry in Cam system.
10. Maintains and Balances applicable Float.
11. Administers Cash Calls.
12. Input remittance data for accounting scans.
13. Order money for all operations.
14. Handle and distribute slot tips money.
15. Makes floats for other departments.
16. Deposits remittances for departments.
Manages 6-15 subordinates in the slot department. Is responsible for assisting the Slot Operations Manager in providing direction, coordination and evaluation of the slot team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees’ planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Computer literacy in MS Office an asset
Cash handling experience
Minimum 12 months of work experience in Slot operations
Criminal Records Clearance mandatory
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Grade 10 education or suitable combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Deal us In Phase 1
Deal us In Phase 2 (in-house training)
Fin Trac (in-house training)
Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group and large group settings.
Basic Math skills are required.
Takes actions, makes recommendations, beyond the scope of essential duties, which may impact other departments.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer Skills Preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Essential duties require lifting 20 or more pounds; and working a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or containing high noise levels.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
General office equipment is also used, including computers, fax machines, photocopiers and scanners.
Job Type: Full-time