If you are looking for a new challenge and like a high-energy environment working with innovative technologies, then you'll love it at Vocantas. You should be a passionate go-getter, with a deep desire to ensure that customers always come first. We are willing to consider full-time or contract employment for this opportunity.
The role is responsible for designing and implementing web applications from layout and workflow to integrating with backend systems in order to meet requirement specifications. The designs need to be user friendly, intuitive and responsive to the different platforms that they are accessible from.
- Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements and direction.
- Work with development and QA teams in driving the design, development and implementation of new functionality to meet the product requirements.
- Drive product quality by following software development best practices.
- Document your work to the extent that QA, Tech Writers and support understand the implementation.
- Establish and deliver on plans for new software releases.
- Debug and resolve field found issues in a timely manner.
- Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree, and/or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years experience in web application development and responsive UI design.
- Exposure to SaaS architectures. Non-Technical Qualifications:
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. • A desire for learning and process improvement.
- Passion for collaboration, but ability to work independently.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English. Skills considered assets:
- Experience with Android or iOS development.
- Worked with Jira, Mercurial or GIT, and Visual Studio.
Please forward all resumes in Word or pdf format as well as desired compensation, in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and must satisfy both a security and a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.