Full Time, Permanent
As soon as possible
Early Childhood Educators and Assistants (4214)
NOC Job Title:
Early Childhood Educator
Expires in 0 days
Kamloops, British Columbia
Long term ECE teacher needed for our child care centers. We're looking for a responsible, patient, hard-working individual to join our team. We provide competitive wage based on your qualification and performance. For more information about our schools, please visit our website: www.kamloopschildcare.com
- ECE Licence to practice
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Previous experience of working with preschool children
- Montessori training highly referred
- Class 4 Driver's license preferred
- Be on time for your shift, and be flexible to work in case of shift changes
- Responsible for recording payments in the communication book every time when it is received
- Assist in preparing invoices for parents
- For sick leave, provide doctor’s notes; for other reasons of absence, provide advance notice and make arrangement for substitutes. For the arranged substitute teacher, make sure all information and documentations are gone through and passed over; if you are called to be a substitute for a teacher, follow all the responsibilities and duties of that teacher.
- Dress appropriately for the class. Both your grooming and your choice of clothing shall earn respect from the children and the parents. Understand and exhibit a professional manner.
- Report any and all accidents to the supervisor at once and make necessary incident report
- Be knowledgeable in maintaining current attendance records, registration forms, and emergency cards for the program
- Maintain classroom equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Be responsible for the care and maintenance of classroom materials and equipment.
- Respond appropriately to telephone calls and communicate professionally
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Adhere to all written and practiced school policies (including but not limited to those in the staff handbook.)
a. Preschool Teacher
Plan and implement preschool program
Prepare and implement lesson plans
Present and record lessons done with children (i.e. making sure that developmental checklist is updated, write report cards, etc.)
Responsible for administrative work, newsletters, notices to parents, work related shopping etc.
Make necessary classroom materials, time permitting
Maintain and update parent and class lists as requested by the first day of every month
Interview new parents and students by having them visit the school and meet you
Reponsible for all school related inquiries, parents' questions, concerns, needs etc.
b. After school program
Hours of Work:
- Make written weekly plans for the After School Care Program
- Responsible for administrative work, newsletters, notices to parents, work related shopping etc.
- Prepare and implement activities for the After School Care Program in general
- Plan and implement activities for field trips, Early Closure days, Non-instructional days, Spring & Winter breaks
start with 30 – 35 hours per week
How to Apply
Oct 17, 2019