The Family Support Worker provides support services to families and children with complex needs which improves parenting capacity, adult capacity for employment and educational attendance of children as well as decrease offending behaviors which cause risk to children. This is a community outreach position responsible for providing support, advocacy and referral services to parents, foster parents, children, and youth in the community.
TRTFN offers flexible work hours and alternative work arrangements, competitive salary, excellent benefits and annual training and development opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Through outreach efforts connect with families in the TRTFN community to develop case plans that utilize traditional methods of support, healing, and wellness.
2. Assess and create meaningful therapeutic planning with families.
3. Advocate for families and children.
4. Facilitate integrated case management with external agencies Health and Social staff as required.
5. Maintain case files and prepare and submit reports.
6. Work with Health and Social Staff to coordinate workshops and family events.
7. Work with School and other community organizations to enhance family support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Proven ability to build rapport and trust in relationships with clients.
2. Ability to work independently and as part of team.
3. Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
4. Familiarity with traditional healing practices, custom, values and tradition of Taku River Tlingit First Nation.
5. Demonstrated ability to facilitate, teach, and coach clients and families.
6. Demonstrated ability to analyze and make independent decisions, think critically and be innovative to create/modify strategy or intervention techniques to suit the individual need of clients.
7. Social work diploma (2 years education) required. Bachelor degree (4 years education completed) in Social Work or Social Services preferred.
8. Must be flexible as hours may fluctuate on weekends, evenings, and weekdays.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license.
**Only available for Canadian Citizens and PR holders. Please do not apply if you are not within those categories. we do not provide sponsorship nor work visas**
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $51,330.00-$61,607.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)