“Working with fishers and the community of Adak AK, to ensure we produce fresh, safe seafood for the world”
Golden Harvest Alaska Seafood LLC is an Alaskan Seafood Facility. Family owned and operated we have brought the community of Adak Alaska back to life. This small secluded island only inhabited 70 people before we arrived. Now we employ over 250 Americans from all over the USA, and we have created a thriving community on this once abandoned island.
Golden Harvest Alaska Seafood has an opening for a full-time Senior Cost Accountant at our Port Coquitlam office
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Cost Accountant will assist with:
- MUST have proven Cost Accounting experience
- Developing cost standards for materials and labour
- Applying continual improvement processes to the cost accounting system
- Analyzing production costs and recommending effective changes
- Assist in developing costing and production related KPI’s and measuring/reporting on regular basis
- Co-ordinate physical inventory count and cycle counts, investigate variances and resolve issues
- Lead various costing activities that support operations
- Assisting with month-end, quarter-end and annual activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with software solutions for the accounting team
- Oversee a small team with a mentoring/coaching perspective
- Occasional travel may be required in this role (i.e. 2 – 4 times per year)
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by CFO
- This role has a succession plan to a Managerial position in 1-2 year
- Must be a collaborative and humble team player
- Requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and remain detail-oriented
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results.
- Strong software knowledge and inventory control/costing experience
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- People leadership skills – ability to manage a small team effectively
- Maintain confidentiality
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting/Finance
- 2-5 years progressive accounting experience.
- Seafood industry experience preferred, but not required
We look forward to having you join out team!
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)