The Coordinator – Wellness and Sustainability is responsible, under the direction of the Wellness and Sustainability Manager, for developing, researching and executing programming.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for researching, scheduling, organizing and conducting wellness and sustainability events for all food service units across campus
- Plan, coordinate and participate in special promotional activities designed to engage students
- Research latest trends in sustainability and wellness
- Input data and nutritional information for menu items into nutritional database
- Develop drafts for communication materials and outreach strategies for successful program delivery
- Support the Wellness and Sustainability Manager to identify, prioritize and execute organizational development projects around sustainability and wellness
- Prospect and research current and future opportunities
- Assist with other programs and activities as required
- Conduct a variety of consumer facing activities
- Draft program plans and reports
- Engage and interact with large groups of people
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain professional image at all times through dress, appearance and actions.
- This position does not supervise any staff.
- Diploma/Degree in Nutrition and/or Environmental Science
- Strong organizational skills. Self-confident, cheerful, enthusiastic and energetic personality.
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, nutrition and wellness topics.
- Excellent communication skills, and above average interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of food and beverage service. Restaurant experience and/or event positions within the hospitality industry considered an asset.
- Work well under pressure and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Possess proven self-initiative and an eagerness to succeed.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when/if events are happening.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour