W.R. Davis Engineering Ltd (Davis) is a dynamic mid-sized company specializing in the design of infrared (IR) signature solutions for both naval and aerospace platforms. Davis performs ground-up design, development and manufacturing at our Ottawa, Canada facility. More background available at www.davis-eng.com
Our production team consists of some of the best thin gauge fitter/fabricators in the world and we are currently looking to expand. Are you interested in joining a team of metal working professionals providing industry leading technology to global customers? Are you bored with your current job and need a challenge? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently looking for:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will be required to form thin gauge metal through rolling, bending, stretching and shrinking to Military Standards;
- Will be required grind and buff thin gauge metals of .025 to .040 thickness;
- Will be required to drill close tolerance holes in Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, and Aluminum;
- Require use of hand and drill press with correct speeds and pressure on different metals;
- Will be required to rivet with different fasteners using rivet gun and bucking bar, hand squeeze guns, and floor squeezers in thin gauge metals .025 - .040.
- Sound knowledge of riveting to Military standards required.
- De-riveting experience when required;
- Required to have a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, shear, roll. press brake, drills, riveters;
- Capable of accurate measurement using venires, micrometers, etc;
- Will require a knowledge of Aerospace blue prints and related terminology;
- Must be capable of good communication;
- Working with tight tolerances;
- Able to follow all Health and Safety rules and procedure;
- Other related duties.
- Precision Aerospace training or field experience preferred, but not necessary
- Experience working within an ISO Quality Program
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods (through Davis)
What we offer:
- Exciting products and a great atmosphere.
- Centrally located with free parking.
- Shifts Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM with occasional overtime as needed.
- Clean, climate controlled facility
- Top industry wages based on experience & qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits program and DPSP matching
- Skills development, training and advancement opportunities
- Secure industry
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
- Access to fitness facility (gym) on site.
We thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only those qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)