C.E.D. Compressed Air Inc. - Pickering, ON
Department: Field Service
Service Technician Position Reports to: Service Manager and/or Business Owners
This position is suitable for candidates with compressor knowledge and experience with diesel and gasoline engines practical knowledge in pneumatics and/or hydraulics, small engines, heavy equipment, motor controls, electrical, plumbing or refrigeration, would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service on portable diesel and electric compressed air equipment, including compressors, dryers or related equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Be physically fit, able to lift 75lbs.
- Valid G driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to review engineering specifications, technical manuals, wiring diagrams, flow schematics, drawings, websites and databases to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate clean work performance.
- Attend training as required, in house, and out of town.
- Perform installation and equipment start up procedures, as well a filling out all necessary forms as required.
- Provide sound recommendations and observations; remain up to date on equipment and product technical specification, as well as maintenance requirements.
- Wear company approved uniform at all times.
- Self-starter, customer oriented, good written/verbal communication skills, effective time management skills.
- Administrative tasks include accurately completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets, safety forms etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Field Service: 2 years (Required)