Peterborough and Surrounding Area
Mentorship and Training Program
Company paid benefits-health/dental/paramedical, after probation, if an average of 25 hrs per week after probationary period
RSP Employer/Employee Program
JOB TITLE: RN- New Grad
STATUS: Full -Time- Visiting Nursing - Days/Evenings/Nights/Every Other Weekend
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Nursing Services
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide in home health care to Nightingale Nursing Registry Ltd.(NNR) clients. The community health nurse employed within an official health agency functions as an internal consultant to the employing agency and provides nursing and community health consultation to colleagues, other disciplines, agency administration, and other health and human service agencies and/or community groups as a representative of the agency.
Current or pending registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Must be mature and possess good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be in good physical and mental health. Must be knowledgeable in nursing process, developments and trends in community nursing and have the skill to assist in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of a comprehensive care program.
Reports to the Director of Nursing. Responsible for the co-ordination of activities necessary to provide the nursing economically and efficiently and in the compliance with applicable legislation; maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to achieving the optimal health and welfare for client and staff, assess and identify client’s needs. Carry out the philosophy of the company; maintain effective liaison with other health care personnel. Provide appropriate reports to the Director of Nursing or Nursing supervisor.
- Ensure pertinent legislated standards and requirements are implemented with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Perform professional responsibilities in accordance with standards of Practice established by the College of Nurses of Ontario and Nightingale policies and procedures.
Make recommendations to the Director of Nursing for the purpose of supplies and equipment for the client.
- Train, supervise and assist in the performance evaluation of un-regulated care providers.
- Dispense Medications and provide direct Nursing care as instructed by the Director of Nursing or Nursing Supervisor through individualize client care plans.
- Delegate responsibilities appropriate to the provision of quality nursing care to un-regulated care providers in accordance with their job description.
- As a member of the Multidisciplinary Care Team assist in the development and maintenance of an appropriate plan of care for each client.
- Function as an educational resource to un-regulated care providers.
- Ensure that accurate and complete documentation of nursing observations and client health status and changes to client care plan.
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, coroner, case managers, schedulers, un-regulated health care workers, Social workers, clergy, and clients family/care givers to ensure appropriate client care at all times.
- Liaise with the Director of Nursing with respect to the provision of in-service education.
- Provide assistance as directed in ensuring an appropriate flow of communication between all stake holders.
- Be available to cover shifts when necessary in accordance with on-call policy.
- Ensure the maintenance of optimal safety standards by self, client, and other nursing/care professionals and promptly report and correct health and safety perceived or actual hazardous.
- Ensure compliance with all Nightingale related Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times, on and off duty.
- Perform other related duties within your scope of practice as required.
- Assist the cognitively impaired client by adapting the client’s environment to support comfort, safety and function, communicating with client to best meet their needs, and encourage client participation in tasks.
- Assist in the care process by observing and reporting changes in the clients’ physical and emotional condition to supervisor or initiate emergency intervention as required (911)
- Follow the care plan as outlined by your co-ordinator.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Knowledge of appropriate safety measures related to infection control, equipment, contaminants, hazardous products, immediate client environment.
- Knowledge of infection control measures such as hand washing, universal precautions, and isolation.
- Knowledge of identification and reporting mechanisms for unsafe or hazardous equipment and situations.
- Knowledge of the Duties of the Worker under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Employee responsibility of the Return-to-work program for WSIB
- Responsible for reporting actual or perceived hazards to the office immediately
- Keep in mind and use your judgement on remaining safe in the homes of client’s (no climbing on anything).
- Lift and transfer clients in a safe and comfortable way. Notify the office immediately if this is not possible to do safely.
Nightingale Nursing Registry Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Nightingale will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation, throughout the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for expressing their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing or Pending (Required)