Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate to join our Human Resources team in Toronto for a 6-month contract. In this role, you will provide support to the HR Business Partners on the operational components and daily activities of the Human Resources department. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will work directly with the Oxford HR team across Canada on a wide variety of HR related activities.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Provide information and respond to questions from employees on internal HR programs, policies, benefits, payroll inquiries, systems, and processes
- Generate HR related reports and conduct analysis as appropriate to support decision making
- Assist HR Business Partners with employee and labour relations issues including reporting, researching, documentation and negotiations preparation
- Coordinating new hire documentation and onboarding
- Coordinate and support the delivery and implementation of value-added HR programs, resources, and practices that link HR initiatives with organization strategy
- Assist the HR Business Partners and the Centre of Excellence by providing implementation support on organizational structure changes including acquisitions and dispositions
- Participate in cross-functional projects as required and assist in the coordination of various programs/ events such as Take Your Kids to Work Day, Awards programs, Engagement Surveys, Year End, Mentoring program, etc
- Work collaboratively with the HR team and offer insights on continuous improvements to HR programs, resources, and processes
- 1-3 years of HR experience in a large, complex corporate environment
- Completed post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- Experience supporting managers, coordinating administrative processes and activities is required
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Proven experience interpreting and advising on HR policies, legislation and practices
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, written, presentation preparation and delivery)
- Ability to build rapport and maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Professional HR designation is an asset
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately $60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.