The Regional Traffic and Transportation Manager is responsible for all inbound & outbound traffic to and from our distribution centers in Western Canada. This role will report directly to the Director of Transportation for Western Canada. The Regional Traffic and Transportation Manager will develop, communicate, and ensure the effective implementation of operational procedures, service to stores, safety, and drive the servant leader mindset within the team and community. They will also ensure that their direct reports manage daily work activities to ensure quality, productivity, service and delivery commitments, and safety as well as bringing a focus to continuous improvement.
1. Identify and set goals for the team, participating in the development, implementation and maintenance of objectives, projects and systems, and ensuring quality, productivity, service and delivery commitments, and safety as well as bringing a focus to continuous improvement.
2. Hire, train, mentor, and develop direct reports and other team associates relating to career path and succession, and provide leadership through regular feedback and performance evaluations.
3. Manage, delegate and resolve on a daily basis all issues related to inbound and outbound transportation for our western distribution centers.
4. Oversee the transport administration teams in our three major distribution centers in Calgary and Balzac.
5. Work with direct reports to define, coordinate and develop solutions for operational improvements that reflect best practices.
6. Manage and report on multiple financial budgets. Responsible for ensuring that all divisions achieve their financial goals.
7. Collect, review and analyze KPI’s on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Create action plans based on deficiencies or opportunities.
8.Maintain carrier level of service with third party carriers and Walmart Fleet at 98.5%.
Job Type: Full-time