We are currently recruiting for a Student and Campus Services Coordinator is an in-scope position reporting to the Vice President, Student Affairs or designate. The primary function of this position is oversee the daily operation of the non-academic portion of the student environment to help create a positive and successful learning environment for students.
The Student and Campus Services Coordinator has a diverse range of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
Provide leadership to the Student Affairs team in their campus area;
- help to oversee the recruitment of applicants
- aid in development and implementation of admission processes;
- identify the needs of students and develop strategies to address those needs;
- collaborate with other College staff and partners to assist with the success of students;
- oversee student financial supports;
- liaise with external agencies and the communities at large;
- prepare proposals and reports as required;
- manage recruitment, hiring, professional development, supervision and evaluation of staff within area of responsibility;
- provide leadership and direction to staff and ensure that a working environment is maintained that is conducive to teamwork and the effective, efficient delivery of College programs and services;
- responsible for the management and maintenance of student housing including the operation of student residence facilities;
- execute processes for quality assurance and take corrective action in consultation with the Vice President or designate;
- manage the student/applicant experience and respond to any complaints or feedback;
- plan and oversee student engagement; and
- develop and administer budgets for area of responsibility.The minimal qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree in humanities or equivalent; two (2) or more years of related experience.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered; must be prepared to schedule hours of work according to the demands of the position including evenings and weekends when necessary (i.e. field hours); must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to remote communities, including overnight stays, air travel, and travel on gravel roads in all weather conditions; experience with operations management within a post-secondary educational institution is required; demonstrated organizational and time management skills; excellent communication skills, intermediary skills, supervisory and leadership skills, organizational skills and interpersonal skills are required; the working environment will involve uncertainty, deadlines, the need for conflict resolution and negotiation; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times; critical thinking and decision making; demonstrated ability to work a variety of community partners and stakeholders; and knowledge of good managerial practices, office procedures and business communication.
This is a full-time term position starting November 18/19 to December 18/20.
Application deadline date is October 17, 2019.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $33.84 to $40.33 /hour
- recent: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Buffalo Narrows, SK (Required)