Country Inn and Suites is currently seeking to fill the role of Housekeeping Manager.
Do you thrive in a guest-focused fast paced environment? Are you meticulous about standards of cleanliness? Does coaching and overseeing a team of dedicated staff members motivate you? Are you a leader who truly leads by example and is willing to do any job you ask your team to do?
There are lots of hotels you could choose to work for, but we think you’ll love working here! You’ll be a highly visible member of the property’s leadership team and a key resource to the operation. Your competitive salary will include health benefits and growth opportunities. You will have the opportunity to impact the culture of the hotel by overseeing all aspects of the of the housekeeping department, laundry department and the complimentary breakfast program. By creating an energized and positive work environment, your team will deliver a clean and attractive environment within guest rooms and public spaces. If you are action oriented with experience in a housekeeping leadership role, we would love to hear from you!
As the Housekeeping Manager you will:
- Lead the housekeeping team of 10 to 20 staff by overseeing the operations of the housekeeping department, laundry department and the complimentary breakfast program;
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives; make recommendations to improve service and efficiency of operation;
- Assign duties to team members, conduct daily walk throughs and quality checks to drive cleanliness, productivity and exceptional service;
- Ensure adherence to all company and brand guidelines;
- Establish effective communication across housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and clear understanding of objectives and priorities;
- Ensure that rooms meet cleanliness standards and are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is completed;
- Actively involved in the on-boarding and orientation trainings of new housekeeping staff as well as the in-service training of all staff;
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies;
- Prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses;
- Perform cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage;
- Ensure high morale and productivity levels through effective communication, training and coaching of staff;
- Ensure a safe work environment is always maintained;
- Other duties as assigned.
You will excel this role if you posses the following:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Housekeeping leadership position;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven training and team building abilities;
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail – quality and standards oriented;
- Guest oriented;
- Physically able to stand and walk for the duration of the day as well as able to kneel, push, pull, and lift;
- Ability to problem solve and manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Demonstrates accountability and dependability;
- Highly organized, results-oriented;
- Able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- The opportunity to work with this hotel property comes with health benefits and a salary based on your experience.
Job Type: Full-time