We are looking for an experienced Sr. Support Analyst who can coach, mentor and lead by example to a team of smart, savvy and great people to work with. This team is a lot of fun and strives to be the best in offering solutions and looking for new ways to be innovative.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, enthusiastic, enjoys working with new technology and most of all people!
The Information Technology team provides technology related strategy, applications, hardware and software support as well as operational training and guidance to over 260+ Doctors of BC team members working around the province. Team members have access to a variety of tools such as email, web applications, unified communications and resources to enhance their work experience.
Senior Support Analyst
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Support Analyst is responsible for providing technical support on IT projects and complex software issues which have been escalated from Tier 1. Responsibilities include interacting with end-users and Tier 1 and 2 support to gather a full picture of issues at hand, performing in-depth analysis to find root causes, interacting with software and database developers to acquire specialized knowledge on problems and causes, designing and implementing appropriate solutions, and following up with end-users to ensure that all underlying problems are addressed before closing tickets.
The Senior Support Analyst will be responsible for planning and performing installations and upgrades of software systems deployed at Doctors of BC, using automation when appropriate. This individual will be interacting with our end-users on a daily basis, gathering information, providing feedback, and offering advice. As such, they will be an ambassador of the IT team and help disseminate our culture of service excellence.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Resolve complex issues that have been escalated from Tier 1, requiring detailed analysis, research, and troubleshooting. Apply a fact-based and data driven approach to investigating and resolving complex tickets. Investigate failures by performing root cause analysis.
- Document resolved issues in our knowledge base. Discover and document patterns. Provide training / mentoring to Tier 1 support.
- Interact with end-users on support issues, communicating in layperson terms the nature, status, and resolution path of issues impacting them. Work hand-in-hand with technical trainer to ensure that relevant knowledge is disseminated to our end-users.
- Install, configure, upgrade software systems, including server software upgrades (including operating systems). Apply patches on a regular basis, re-configuring systems as needed. Write scripts to automate releases where appropriate.
- Proactively manage release life-cycles. Scout upcoming versions, design release plans/schedules including software dependencies, secure resources, manage user expectations and provide post-release support. Plan/perform decommissioning of obsolete software and systems.
- Maintain an inventory of software and systems deployed in the organization, including specific versions and dependencies.
- Write and maintain written Standard Operating Procedures for all tasks undertaken by the team with a view to these documents being used for training
- Act as a knowledge expert on application questions. Develop a high level of expertise in third-party vendor products used in the organization. Take your own initiative to learn what you do not yet know with regards to these applications / products and work directly with vendor's technical support to resolve product issues as they arise.
WHAT YOU BRING
Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant in technical support at a tier 2 level. Familiarity with software versioning and revision control systems is an asset.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills. A customer-friendly, people-focused mindset is essential along with the ability to prioritize your tasks and work with minimal direction. Knowledge or experience with financial software or processes is an asset.
ITIL qualifications or knowledge are preferred.
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: Microsoft products e.g. MSSQL, Office 365, Windows Server, etc; Active Directory; LAMP (Linus, Apache, MySQL, PHP) including Drupal; Document Management/CRM systems; Virtualization (VMWare).
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to multi-task, schedule, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to research and learn things you have no experience in. Take initiative to make a difference and ambitious to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.