Operator ($1,000 Sign on Bonus!)
KC Huntsville has been in operation for 50 years. We are a manufacturing facility that operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our Operations Team work rotating 12 hour shifts and are divided into 3 sections: Tissue Machine, Converting and Distribution. You may be placed in any one of the 3 sections based on business need and prior experience.
The starting salary is $21.00/hour including $1,000 sign on bonus. Additional $1.00-$2.00 per hour for nights/weekends shift premiums. All Sundays are paid as overtime. Paid Breaks
Benefits immediately upon hire including a great RSP Plan!
Responsible for operating and maintaining machinery safely to produce high quality product. Job duties and conditions vary depending on the area you are working. Growth oriented team members who want to develop their skills, knowledge and experience and build a career at Kimberly-Clark.
- Operate machinery safely and according to standards to manufacture, assemble or move products
- Maintain and monitor equipment to ensure it functions properly
- Conduct quality checks periodically
- Work according to task standards, identify where standards do not meet actual practice to support the implementation of corrected standards.
- Understand how operated equipment works
- Work in harmony with others on the crew and supported by the Crew Leader
- Willing to confront others on non-conformance of safety using KC Ways of Working.
- Willing to accept feedback on your work and interactions with others
- Maintain training status independently
- Participate in activities that drive continuous mindset and improvements
- Progress through the Pay for Performance matrix
- Manage self in accordance with the KC Ways of Working
- Industrial/Manufacturing environment (noise, dust, moving equipment, etc.)
- May include prolong periods of standing, along with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs., climbing, twisting, stooping etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Safety: Demonstrate that safety is your primary motivator and it is represented in your actions
- Positive Attitude: Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, consistently maintaining a positive attitude, viewing problems as opportunities for improvement, and maintaining a high-level of trust and respect
- Discipline: Consistently modeling adult behavior, self-motivated with strong drive and initiative, strong operational discipline with strict adherence to standards, holding self and others accountable
- Customer Service: Demonstrating ability to network with fellow co-workers and other departments on issues related to the asset/operations
- Make Decisions: Demonstrating ability to make good decisions
- Technical: Demonstrating technical knowledge and skills and initiative in applying those skills
- Continual Improvement in Self: Demonstrating continual improvement
- Experience operating mobile equipment ( fork lift, lift truck, scissor lift etc.)
- Experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment and with shift work
There is a 3 month probationary period. This is a non-smoking site.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Effective 01/01/2012, Kimberly Clark’s Huntsville, Canada became a Tobacco Free Mill.
Tobacco products - includes tobacco in any processed or unprocessed form that may be smoked, inhaled or chewed, including snuff and electronic cigarettes, but does not apply to products intended for use in nicotine replacement therapy for the purpose of quitting smoking, etc.
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day - at home, school, work and on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like Kleenex®, and redefined categories with Huggies® and U by Kotex®. While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and endless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With an inclusive culture, our employees - and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark - make us stronger.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.