With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the lifecycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Intermediate Hydrologist located in Sherwood Park Alberta. The successful candidate will showcase their skills in surface water resources management, along with collaborating with a team of senior scientists on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Environment Sciences, Geography or applicable Engineering discipline (including Water, Civil or Environmental Engineering)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of directly related experience, including consulting experience
- Working knowledge – understanding, directly related to hydrology, river engineering, water resources including experience in hydrology modelling and wetland monitoring programs; monitoring stations; water level surveys; flow measurements
- Watercourse crossing projects such as bridges, pipelines, roads, and other linear infrastructure; environmental and hydrologic assessments and streamflow evaluations
- Strong communication, writing and organization skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership and a diversity of experience
- Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A valid driver’s licence with no restrictions and a clean driving record
- Must be physically able to meet the demands of fieldwork in various types of weather conditions
- Eligibility for registration in or maintaining a good standing in a professional organization (e.g. P.Ag., R.P.Bio., P.Eng.)
- Active participation in maintaining Vertex’s strong safety culture
- Conduct water quantity monitoring (office and field components)
- Assist in the development of environmental impact assessments and monitoring plans
- Field work in remote locations within Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan (40% office/60% field)
- Preparation of technical correspondence, proposals, work plans, cost estimates, and reports
- Manage tasks and project components according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
- This position will be based in Sherwood Park, and may require some travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
- RRSP Plan
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: 003 229
Job Title: Intermediate Hydrologist
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Job Type: Full-time
- Consulting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hydrologist: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)