DistributionNOW (“DNOW”) is a leading global supplier of energy and industrial products, solutions and engineered equipment packages, with a legacy of over 150 years and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. From a network of locations spanning more than 20 countries and a complementary suite of online digital channels, DNOW provides thousands of products to the energy and industrial markets worldwide.
**Travel around Northern B.C. is required**
At DistributionNOW, we believe our associates are the best in the business. We help deliver energy to the world! Does that sound like something you’d like to be part of?
We value and take pride in our work; we are responsible for our actions and the outcomes produced. We value our customers, our employees, and our community. Every year, every day, every moment, we find new ways to meet and exceed our customers’ needs.
Because every moment is NOW.
Your day to day success is determined by your ability to:
- Analyze market potential and execute a sales strategy that ensures long term growth within this marketplace for Northern B.C..
- Cultivate key customer relationships and the development and implementation of strategic business and marketing plans for all products and services included within DNOW’s core offering.
- Effectively utilize in house support as well as vendor expertise to drive sales of new products and services.
- Investigate current and forecasted requirements and introduces products and services available.
- Work with Branch Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure time and efforts are being appropriately applied against the outlined Area Sales Strategy.
- Conduct follow-up interviews to ensure customer satisfaction. Compares pricing and market conditions to determine reasons for receiving or losing a lost opportunity.
- Update and maintain an Area Analysis which provides an overview of DNOW’s key target accounts for the area, new opportunities, position in the market, competitive analysis, and area activity and notable market updates.
- Initiate and complete all related account and Sales reporting documents in a timely manner (Account Summary, Solution Summary, Call Plan, Relationship Map, and Sales Pipeline)
- Prepare for Area Sales Review Meeting. Update on the area sales strategy, status on target accounts, a list of current sales initiatives, financial review and forecast, and best next actions for the following month.
- Enforce proper implementation and application of company policies and procedures in general.
- Effectively manage and document all sales expenses.
- Coach and mentor field sales staff in the region.
- Handle other duties as required.
As best of the best, you bring the following:
- Experience in serving customers in an Inside or Outside Sales capacity.
- Preference will be given to candidates with related courses, either industry specific (sales, piping, valves, fittings, etc) or general business (sales, leadership, customer management).
- Knowledge of materials, products, and marketplaces is a definite asset.
- Ability to write routine reports, contacts, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers using negotiating and selling skills to maintain and improve DNOW's service.
- Personal organization and life management in a high-pressure environment.
- Has the ability to work effectively in a team environment and help others achieve their potential and goals of the company
*Must be able to pass pre-employment testing (Drug, alcohol, and fitness to work)*
We care. We do what it takes. We are accountable.
For more opportunities with DNOW, check out https://www.indeed.ca/cmp/Distributionnow/jobs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Employees are provided with masks, hand santizer and other appropriate pre-cautionary measures for COVID-19.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)