Location: Westmorland-Albert, NB
Hours of Work: 37,5 hours per week.
Since 1981 Crossroads for Women has been empowering and assisting survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault by providing education, resources, emergency shelter, counselling and crisis intervention 24/7 for South Eastern New Brunswick.
- Community Relations and Communications:
- Coordinate the offer of workshops in schools, post-secondary institutions and community agencies;
- Coordinate the Sexual Assault Centre’s two main events (Walk a Mile in Her Shoes and Take Back the Night);
- Research, identify and manage donations from community members;
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing donors to secure long term and increased funding;
- Develop, support and promote the organization’s goals on social media;
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and community partners;
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques;
- Arrange for appropriate training;
- Manage and share the volunteer schedule;
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied;
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events;
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments.
- Support Services to victims and survivors of violence:
- Coordinate support groups in the community (ex. recruitment and registration, promotion, room reservation, equipment preparation, etc.);
- Co-facilitate support groups in the community;
- Be on call (one week/month) to support volunteers and accompany survivors at the hospital;
- Support the team in carrying out its programming and in achieving its objectives.
As an ideal candidate for this position, you:
- Demonstrate written and spoken competence in English and French (required).
- Have access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for client’s needs.
- Are familiar with the links between gender inequalities, violence, trauma, addictions and mental health issues.
- Are able to incorporate an feminist and anti-oppression framework.
- Possess the capacity to critically assess situations objectively, make sound decisions and follow-up appropriately.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Have demonstrated success working in a team environment and independently.
Crossroads for Women is dedicated to achieving a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.39 /hour
- English (Required)
- French (Required)