We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Our Operational Planning team is passionate about effectively partnering with our internal and external stakeholders, using a coordinated approach to support our focus in ensuring our airport operates efficiently, effectively and seamlessly 365/24/7. They are responsible for prioritizing and delivering excellence in supporting operational projects with documentation and training programs on processes, regulatory changes, and continuous improvement.
In addition, this team brings their agility to work every day to deal with our ever-changing environment and collaborate with numerous stakeholders within the airport community to solve multi-layered challenges – all to ensure that our partners and passengers can have the best experience at YYC. We love what we do, we work hard but always manage to have some fun along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the direction of the GM, Operational Planning, you will play an essential leadership role in the effective development and delivery of operational documentation and internal/external training programs. You will be required to not only manage the work of others, but also able to act as a subject matter expert relating to documentation and training best practice and industry standards and the document management system, The SOURCE.
Overseeing the Instructional Designers and Operations Documentation Coordinators, you will be responsible for executing on strategic direction, ensuring that department goals align with organizational efforts and expected departmental/organizational results. Some other duties include:
- Managing and leading a team of Instructional Designers and Documentation Coordinators on:
o Program Delivery with a focus on sourcing, creating, and delivering documentation and learning solutions that align to the Authority’s strategic planks which support continuous improvement.
o Task assignment and management - Overseeing the production of content and communication for program portfolio; managing program outcomes and metrics.
o Scheduling and directing work.
- Managing, Measuring, Evaluating and Elevating the Operational Documentation and Learning programs by:
o Conducting needs assessments to determine appropriate learning and documentation solutions.
o Acting as learning and documentation consultant to understand the business" needs around operational learning and documentation; creating appropriate learning and documentation strategies.
o Ensuring that initiatives are measurable in terms of improving the capabilities of the audience and creating unique and motivating learning/ documentation experiences.
- Program Delivery of our documentation management system- The SOURCE:
o Ensure the annual review process is completed for all content and users on The SOURCE.
o Ensure documentation stored within the system adhere to The Source Governance.
o Identify, develop and manage workflow process through The SOURCE to improve efficiencies in developing, reviewing and publishing content.
o Provide recommendations for and approve all changes and upgrades to the system.
- Partnering closely with Safety, Security, Environment, Project Teams, and other YYC Departments to develop strategies and action plans for new operational learning and documentation program offerings.
- Ensuring work assignments for the team align with the delivery of projects, systems, equipment, legislation and/or regulatory changes
WHAT YOU BRING
- Undergraduate degree, college diploma or certificate in adult education or in other relevant discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in the design and development of adult education training programs, including knowledge of adult learning principles, training methodologies, and instructional design.
- 2+ years’ Leadership experience, with the ability to effectively build successful and harmonious teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships at all levels with airport stakeholders, Authority employees, training participants and the airport community.
- Experience with e-learning strategies, graphic, video and training design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Articulate 360, Prezi, Camtasia as well as learning development systems; Silk Road – Greenlight.
- Experience using document management systems.
- Excellent grasp of the English language; strong proficiency in grammar, spelling, writing and proofreading skills.
- Extensive experience in training delivery, public speaking, facilitation and presentations.
- Experience in preparing documentation management protocols including development of policies and standard operating procedures and version control.
- Knowledge and understanding of the aviation industry, airport operations, and airline operating procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the relevant regulations as they relate to airport operations.
- Project management experience managing multiple timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker who can apply experience but also think outside of the box.
- Ability to anticipate change, re-establish priorities, respond to changes and balance conflicting priorities by being flexible.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Previous experience working with training vendors and related training service organizations.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate cross functionally, with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Experience in working with content management systems.
- Knowledge of the methodology involved in writing formal technical documents.
- Understanding that due to working closely with various departments on policies and procedures, you must respect the importance of the confidentiality of sensitive materials.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year.