Questrade Financial Group (QFG) of Companies is committed to helping our customers become much more financially successful and secure.
We are everything a traditional financial institution is not. At QFG, you will be constantly moving forward, bringing the future of fintech into existence. You will be a part of a collaborative team that cares deeply about our mission and each other. Your team members will help you conquer challenges, push boundaries and discover what you are truly capable of.
This is a place where you can explore, discover and learn with continuous growth. As a diverse and inclusive place to work, there are flexible working arrangements so you can unleash your creativity and curiosity with no limits. If you share the same sense of infinite possibility, come shape your future at Questrade.
What’s in it for you as an employee of QFG?
- Health & wellbeing resources and programs
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick days for work-life balance
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Hybrid and flexible work arrangements
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to contribute to community causes
- Work with diverse team members in an inclusive and collaborative environment
We’re looking for our next Director, Compliance - Questrade, Inc. Could It Be You?
The purpose of the Director, Compliance - Questrade, Inc. in ensuring Questrade operates within the rules and regulations prescribed by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and other provincial and territorial securities commissions, regulators and legislatures.
The Director, Compliance will also take on additional compliance and supervisory principal duties for Questrade USA, a FINRA registered broker dealer.
The Director, Compliance will also take on the Designated Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer (“CAMLO”) role for Questrade.
What’s it like working as a Director, Compliance at Questrade?
The Director, Compliance - Questrade, Inc. will lead and manage a compliance team to execute, measure and refine Compliance and trade surveillance programs at Questrade.
The Director, Compliance will also work closely with the CCO in managing Questrade’s compliance regime, documenting, implementing and maintaining compliance policies and procedures as well as reporting on progress and overall status of compliance regularly to Questrade’s Senior Management and Board of Directors.
Need more details? Keep reading…
In this role, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Questrade USA responsibilities:
- Maintains deep knowledge & understanding of industry issues and practices, regulatory requirements and associated changes.
- Ensures operational compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as IIROC rules and those of other provincial and territorial securities commissions, regulators and legislatures.
- Works with management in the development and enhancement of products and services to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Coordinates development, maintenance and implementation of supporting policies, procedures, agreements and contracts.
- Manages compliance programs at Questrade.
- Serves as a contact with IIROC and other regulatory bodies including inquiries from market surveillance.
- Assists and coordinates all regulatory reporting in a timely manner. Works closely with regulators and third parties to coordinate, prepare and manage audits.
- Supervises and manages and develops a team of compliance officers and analysts
- Provides training and actively develops employees
- Ensures compliance for assigned line of business and directs the work of assigned Compliance staff
- Act as a source of expert knowledge of all the company and regulatory compliance requirements
- Initiate a communication that ensures a clear understanding of compliance standards required of individuals
- Leads internal trading activity reviews
- Conduct daily and monthly account activity supervision, research and act on detected compliance issues and violations
- Complete annual trading supervision risk assessment in collaboration with the trading supervision team
- Recommend improvements to internal controls and business processes related to trading including solutions involving automated trade surveillance systems and applications.
- Assist in the development, documentation, implementation and oversight of CIFX and OFX registerable activities with the supervisors and senior management of the OFX and CIFX business units
- Assist in the development, documentation, implementation and oversight of complex accounts (OFX, CIFX) approvals, option trading approvals, and risk capital and account opening suitability assessments for OFX accounts.
- Represent Compliance on the Risk Committee
- Reviews marketing materials pursuant to IIROC Dealer Member rules and provides assessment conclusions within the timeframes established with the Marketing team
- Oversee trading related monitoring of Questrade Wealth Management, acting as a first tier of review and escalating to the Director, QWM Compliance as necessary
- Upon completion of the required proficiencies, act as the designated supervisor for complex options and futures (CFD) related marketing
- Review and escalate findings related to Proprietary and inventory trading activities to the Risk Committee or Compliance Committee as applicable
- Present quarterly board reporting to the Compliance Committee and Board of Directors
- Investigate and determine the impact of any legislative or regulatory requirements (new or amended) and implementing all necessary changes into Questrade’s policy, end to end processes, or training needs.
- Assist with the preparation of submissions to regulators for new business lines or new product proposals.
- Act as designated Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer (“CAMLO”) responsible for the Anti-Money Laundering Program together with the Head of AML for Questrade Financial Group
- Act as CCO responsible for ensuring Questrade USA complies with all applicable regulatory requirements, including periodic testing and related documentary evidence of review
- Main point of contact with and respondent to advisors providing guidance on Questrade USA compliance matters
- Serve as a point of contact with FINRA and other regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering annual training and Board report
So are YOU our next Director, Compliance - Questrade, Inc.? You are if you…
- Have 5+ years’ industry experience
- Have 5+ years’ related experience required preferably in a senior compliance role
- Have 5+ years’ people management experience
- Have a post-secondary degree/diploma in related field
- Have current knowledge of securities regulations in Canada such as UMIR, National Instruments: 31-103, 23-101, 24-101, IIROC Dealer Member Rules
- Are somewhat familiar with middle and back office processes.
- Have trade desk experience or experience in compliance monitoring of a Trade Desk
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Are confident and accountable
- Have completed the following qualifications and exams:
- Options Supervisor Course (OLC)
- Derivatives Fundamental Course (DFC)
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Conduct and Practice Handbook Course (CPH)
- Options Supervisors Course (OPSC)
- Investment Dealer Supervisor Course (IDSC) (formerly Branch Managers Course (BMC))
- Completion of qualifying US courses within 6 months of employment (Series 7, Series 24 and SIE exams)
Additional kudos if you…
- Canadian Commodity Supervisors Exam (CCSE)
- Futures Licensing Course (FLC)
- IFSE Exempt Market Products Course
- Sound knowledge of the US securities industry, including FINRA and FinCEN regulations
- CFA designation or completion of CFA exams
Sounds like you? Click below to apply!
At Questrade Financial Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. This is an environment where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Here, the unique skills and experience you bring will be valued. You will be supported and motivated, so that you can harness your unlimited potential. Our team reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in. Having a collaborative and diverse team helps us push boundaries to bring the future of fintech into existence—not only for the benefit of our customers, but for those who build their career with us.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment/selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.