Plenty of Fish (POF) is about to embark on an exciting technology journey, as we shift to a microservices architecture, from .NET to .NET Core, Kubernetes, and continue down the path towards having even more automation, transparency, and autonomy.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be working on a squad responsible for our matching algorithms and membership services. The services, tools and libraries you build and support will be utilized with millions of requests a day, so scale and availability are really important to us.
So, what will you do?
- Design, implement and test solutions to highly complex problems for the Platform Services Squad.
- Build high-performance, high-available and, mission-critical applications. We're small enough that you can make a real impact on what we develop.
- Participate in application design using service-oriented or micro-service architecture design principles.
- Understand the tech stack and future technical visions.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to improve performance, security, and scalability of software and services.
- Build tools and automation to enhance serviceability and observability of our applications and services.
- Contribute to the enhancement of our Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and development lifecycle.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise and help facilitate constant learning.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Several years of professional experience as a web application developer using .NET and .NET Core with C#.
- You have a good understanding and ideally some hands-on experience building micro-services with a message queue.
- You have experience with building Restful APIs
- You have experience with secure and high volume, large-scale environments
- You have database development experience both relational databases and NoSQL databases, like MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra.
- You have experience with writing unit tests and integration tests to test your own code.
- You are security aware and understand that protecting confidential data is paramount.
- Experience with payment processing systems or have interfaced with stores like iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon would be an asset
- Experience with Cloud and Container technologies would be an asset.
At POF, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you're keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.