Who we are:
Based in Tsawwassen since 1988 our Pure Construction Management business has grown to encompass projects valued from $1 million to $80 million. With an annual construction volume of $100 million we typically have fifteen to twenty projects in various stages of construction with a total construction value of over $250 million in progress and a similar amount in development.
What we offer:
Competitive wages with full benefits after three-month probationary period followed by the ability to participate in our training and development program.
Our core focus and Values:
Is to mitigate our client’s risk, maximize our client’s value, and exceed our client’s expectation by being client goal driven, Innovative, collaborative, concise, firm, fair and FUN.
Main Duties: .
The main and most important function of your position is providing your carpentry skills on site to produce the highest quality building in the most efficient, effective and safest way possible, increasing the value Unitech provides to our clients. As a carpenter your daily tasks and critical expectations include:
- Be on time and ready for work each and every work day
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and assigned personnel in both written and oral form
- Recognize safety hazards, appropriate precautions and inform others of these hazards
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-worker, supervisors and the general public
- Be able to work independently with little supervision
- Train co-workers on the proper use of tools and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings
- Quality Control
- Always adding Value for the Client
- Provide your carpentry skills to build our clients projects efficiently and effectively
- Ensure everyone, including you, is working safely on site and adhering to Unitech’s health and safety program and Work Safe standards and inform your direct supervisor of any discrepancies
- Ensure your work is of the highest quality standards
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of any assigned personnel
- Lift and/or carry building supplies and tools
- Erect scaffolding and ladders per WorkSafe BC standards
- Work outdoors year round
- Stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, and crawl as needed to perform work activities
- Work on-call after completion of regular assigned work hours
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings and shoot elevations and grades
- Operate hand and power tools safely and maintain them in proper operating condition
- Perform mathematical calculations to estimate materials required and determine appropriate building measurements
- Layout of foundation, building lines and anchor bolts
- Perform all work related to rough carpentry and finish carpentry
- Hanging wood doors and hollow metal doors and installing hardware, millwork trim and cabinets
- Assist and guide others to improve their skills and complete tasks in an expedient manner
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial building codes.
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of materials, tools, equipment and practices used in the carpentry trade.
- Extensive knowledge of the qualities of various woods and their adaptability and uses.
- Knowledge of the proper application of wood and metal studs in framework.
- Knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Completion of a Journeyman Carpentry Program with related experience, although equivalencies will be considered.
- Knowledge of First aid an asset.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have implemented extreme measures to ensure that our team is safe and comfortable coming to work.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carpentry: 3 years (preferred)
- Carpentry Ticket (preferred)