South East Construction LP is a union-based, multi-trade, industrial construction and maintenance company scalable to any project size and scope. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. South East Construction LP takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be responsible for the day to day safety performance of the site crews and coordinating projects to completion with the client, subcontractors and the Site Safety Management Team.
This position will be 8/6 shift rotation. This schedule may be subject to change based on the needs of the client.
This position will be located at BHP Jansen, SK.
- Attend, and be an active participant in morning toolbox meetings and weekly safety meetings.
- Be responsible for the safety performance of your crews.
- Report any unsafe acts to the Superintendent immediately.
- Responsible for accounting for your crew’s time and where work was performed. Time is reported daily to be used to enter into Payroll and charged out to the client.
- Create and submit work permits thru IntelliPERMIT on a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with client and other site contractors to complete planned work with minimal delays.
- Facilitate requests for subcontractor quotes for corrective work for any of the assets on site.
- Ensure all workers have tasks and the correct documentation (JHA, SOP, Permit, etc.).
- Review of SOP’s with employees and ensure work is completed and in line with procedures for the task. If changes are required; they are noted, corrected and distributed accordingly.
- Ensure all safety documentation is reviewed and accepted prior to crews engaging in the work.
- Check in periodically throughout the day with all workers.
- Perform inspections (CCO’s, PTO’s and TTT’s) and enter data into the client’s FLEX system.
- Be aligned with all the site safety requirements and the site safety management team.
- Ensure all workers have been properly trained and are competent to complete the tasks assigned and perform operator competencies as required.
- Monitor supplies on site (janitorial, small tools/equipment, salt/sand, grease, fuel conditioner, spares etc.) to ensure adequate stock is on hand.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion; review any reports of findings during the day to day tasks in the field, evaluate the findings and request work orders to remedy where required.
- Create SOP’s and JHA’s for work that is scheduled to be completed and complete risk assessments for upcoming work to identify all hazards and review with the workers prior to carrying out the work.
- Request work orders using maintenance connection. Manage the process to ensure timely and safe execution.
- Ensure work orders are being completed and filled out correctly. Ensure all work orders and 1SAP’s are completed and submitted on time to the Maintenance Planner or Maintenance Administrator.
- Ensure BHP Assets are being well managed (CSW, SaskWater, SaskGas, etc.).
- Ensure all workers being tasked are trained and competent in the task they are performing.
- Oversee field execution of work in the field as per planned schedule.
- Other duties as required to support requirements of maintenance contract on site.
The successful candidate will have;
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience in the Construction Industry
- Effective self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative and be a team player
- Basic computer knowledge
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required.
With this opportunity, a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan will be offered.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for South East Construction LP.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Industry: 2 years (Preferred)