Part-Time, Days (4PM - 8 PM, 24-45.5 hrs bi-weekly)
Seasons Stoney Creek Retirement Community
8 Shoreview Place, Stoney Creek, ON, L8E 0J6
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Resident & Guest Attendant – Fun Memory Care. Reporting to the Fun Manager, & the Memory Care Manager, the RGA-Fun Memory Care is responsible for providing assistance with the development and coordination of fun and meaningful events, activities and services that encourage an active lifestyle for residents in the community.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Customer service oriented
- Experience planning and coordinating special events and managing projects is an asset
- Need to have/obtain current First Aid & CPR Certification
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs and services that meet the psychosocial, physical, intellectual and spiritual needs of all residents
- Provide prompt and timely delivery and pick-up of residents to appointments or other destinations as required
- Monitor and report resident participation of trips and activities
- Inform Management of residents’ concerns and issues in a timely and effective manner
- Create a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
The Location Seasons Stoney Creek is based in Stoney Creek, ON --- https://www.seasonsretirement.com/locations/stoney-creek/
About Stoney Creek:
Seasons Stoney Creek provides worry-free retirement living. Modern amenity spaces include an indoor walking track and fitness room, home theatre and cafe. Seasons Stoney Creek is conveniently located near the QEW highway and is a short drive to local shopping, banking and restaurants.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards & referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.