Farris is a high performance law firm with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia. We balance a strong regional and national presence with an expanding international practice that includes US, European and Asia-Pacific based clients. With offices in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria BC, we offer a full range of legal services in the areas of corporate law, litigation, labour and employment law, as well as innovative and value-added tax and estate planning and private client advice. At Farris, we rely on an exceptional team of people to deliver the critical support necessary to ensure service excellence, and our staff is essential to our continued success.
The Commercial Real Estate LAA will support an exceptionally busy practice by taking ownership for managing client and file information; establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow; client contact; reviewing documents; document production; billing, filing, and other administrative tasks.
- File preparation, organization, and management.
- Prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining a Bring Forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Document preparation for standard commercial real estate transactions.
- Reviewing and revising documents and correspondence.
- Time entry, billings and client collections.
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required.
- Three to five years’ related experience. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in real estate development.
- Strong desire and willingness to grow and develop professionally.
- Strong document production skills and advanced level of proficiency in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of various applicable databases i.e. BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches, etc. considered an asset.
- Ability to anticipate and take initiative.
- The ability to function well under pressure; handle a high volume, fast pace and multiple assignments without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Meticulously detail-oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Resilient team player with an unwavering sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
- Keyboarding of 60 wpm.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Farris; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- real estate development: 3 years (Preferred)