We are currently seeking an engaged leader to join our team as a Maintenance Technician.
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Stock Transportation has decades of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across Canada. Stock is also part of a much larger family that came together as National Express LLC (NELLC). As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently in search of a Maintenance Technician for our Customer Service Centre (CSC).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned
- Certified technician must possess a 310T or 310S
- Minimum 3 years of fleet maintenance of heavy fleet shop maintaining repair and engine rebuilds on Diesel truck or bus technical experience
- Hands on experience of diesel and or gasoline engines within a fast paced large fleet bus, charter or trucking environment
- Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
- General shop computer knowledge, purchasing, and budget management experience
- Excellent computer skills, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills are a plus
Job Type: Full-time