This position is responsible for receiving, evaluating and coordinating emergency and non-emergency requests for callers requesting assistance throughout North America in accordance with client contracts. You will be responsible for the efficient and effective communication, documentation and relaying of information as a third-party connection service to connect callers to emergency services for situations such as medical, fire, motor vehicle accidents, etc.
In addition, you will handle non-emergency customer service calls for directory assistance, operator services, and message relay services making outbound calls to connect callers as appropriate. The successful candidate will need to be able to conduct their duties under pressure and diffuse emotionally charged interactions.
- Answer incoming calls through effective communication with callers requesting emergency and non-emergency assistance.
- Clear and concise relaying of information to emergency response dispatchers or other customers.
- Data entry skills to accurately obtain, document and verify pertinent information while providing instructions to the caller and connecting them the respective third party
- Accurately follow directions provided by our software, emergency response dispatchers, customers and team members
- Maintain conversation with the caller in a professional manner
- Provide alternative solutions when a caller’s request cannot be fulfilled
- Work independently as part of a team while being aware that the other operators may have calls in progress that involve multiple individuals
- Actively display judgement, tact, compassion and empathy
- Ability to retain emotional control, remaining calm and professional during all interactions
- Use logic and reasoning when assisting callers
- Stay motivated to multi-task under pressure in a highly repetitive environment
- 1 year previous experience in dispatching, emergency response services, call centre or customer service
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Successfully pass pre-employment background check
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing abilities
- Fluent French or Spanish speaking, reading and writing abilities would be an asset
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute with 80% accuracy
- Proficient use of multiple computer programs and telephone
- Must have reliable transportation to meet shift requirements as this is a 24/7 call centre
- Must be able to work non-standard business hours and/or overtime when required
The essential functions include but are not limited to the above duties and responsibilities which are not listed in any particular order of priority and may be amended or added to by viiz Communications at any time.
Hours: Shift work – Currently looking for all shift availability.
Job Type: Full time with benefits for overnight staff, part time for all other schedules. Shift premiums for FR/SP speakers in addition to overnight and weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- emergency response: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)