Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
Telus Health Care Centre (THCC) is an occupational health clinic. We are Canada’s leading provider of corporate health services, delivering integrated health management programs nationwide. With a team of highly skilled professionals, THCC provides clinical and remote medical services across Canada. Offering a full range of occupational health services from pre-employment screenings, to rehabilitative services for the ill or injured worker, to complete on-site clinic management in some of the most remote and a harsh area of the country, THCC is the chosen partner for proactive health management programs.
Here's the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Case Managers play a key role in managing disability claims, work related injuries and accommodation requests from our clients. This entails coordinating the entire process of adjudicating claims, reintegrating employees to work after an absence, or change in their medical condition, including disability claims, work injury or any other medical condition.
The focus of the Disability Case Manager position is to effectively manage any absence from work and/or restrictions followed by timely and appropriately implementing a return to work plan. This includes well-timed updates with the employee as well the clients and/or insurers to ensure the most effective and safe return to work plan is implemented
- With strong attention to detail and analytical ability, review claim forms, medical reports, investigation reports, contract provisions etc
- Effectively record inbound/outbound communication
- Provide written and verbal communication to claimants, clients, administrators, doctors, lawyers, other insurers, etc.: re: claim inquiries and outcome
- Review claims with Medical Director and Legal Department as required
- Using sound judgement, assess waiver of premium eligibility and determine eligibility of claims and fitness to work
- Develop and implement return to work strategies
- Interact and develop good relationship with several stakeholders to facilitate best results
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to and promotes TELUS values and culture