WestCana Services Inc. is looking for strong, experienced Support Services Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team at a Long Term Care Facility in Victoria, British Columbia.
We are a leader in the industry, and we are looking for an individual who has a passion for the elderly and giving back to join our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: https://westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
What we will offer you:
· A competitive salary.
· Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
· A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
· Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
· A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
· Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
· A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
What we need from you:
· Nutritional Management Certification
· Eligible to join and maintain the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (CSNM).
· Two years management experience in a large complex care facility or retirement community.
· Working knowledge of Therapeutic diets.
· Current knowledge of residential guidelines according to the health authority.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Ability to be “on-call”.
· Ability to travel if necessary.
· Ability to clear Criminal Record Check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
· Clear new TB test.
What your day will look like:
· Oversee the food services, housekeeping and laundry departments.
· Provide leadership and direction to all contracted care staff.
· Manage facility task, not limited to scheduling, inventory, month end report, weekly receivers’ reports, audits and reports, regular monthly staff meetings, site/corporate meetings including occupational health and safety, infection control, and food committee.
· Participate in menu planning.
· Supervise food preparation, food service and food production.
· Respond to emergency situations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent