Why work with Eurest? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Cook/Caterer/Supervisor, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Participate in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, and development.
- Help with all catering/conference events on site.
- Assist in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction.
- Be responsible for directly managing associates.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Cook/Caterer/Supervisor? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Four years of culinary experience and strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Sound knowledge of financial management including the ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- Catering and banquet experience.
- Hard-working, hands-on team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and feel comfortable learning new programs.
- The ability to work independently.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have Red Seal culinary certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)