Job Description of Assistant Guest Services Manager
Job Title- Assistant Guest Services Manager (AGSM)
Job Summary- An Assistant Guest Services Manager directly reports to the Guest Services Manager and assists in running the front desk operations. The job of an AGSM is to ensure customers receive the best service possible from the property. An AGSM acts as representative of the hotel and works on enhancing guest services.
Responsibilities and Duties- Duties and responsibilities of an Assistant guest services Manager may include but not limited to:
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the Front Office department to ensure service standards are followed with friendly and engaging service.
- Train new team members.
- Develop and implement guest relations and departmental policies.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all departments as well as with external customers and suppliers.
- Resolve guest complaints to ensure a high satisfaction rate.
- Handle extranet for guest reviews and inventory updates.
- Work on managing hotel inventory on daily basis.
- Take part in price adjustment and promotional strategies.
- Manage the Front desk operations in the absence of Guest Services Manager.
- Carry out performance evaluations of the front desk team.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction through a daily analysis of our Guest Satisfaction Survey scores and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement through corrective action.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Access opera server to ensure timely restart and maintenance is scheduled.
- Handle dispute cases and assist the GSM in reconciliations.
- Connect with guests on a daily basis to increase positive reviews on online platforms.
- Reply to online feedback and complete the required service recovery.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5K 2A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person