With modern, expansive facilities in three vibrant eastern Ontario cities and a solid track record of excellence, St. Lawrence College still combines all the benefits of a world-class education with the advantages of small-town living and personal attention to detail. By its tenth year, St. Lawrence College was a strong and creative force, serving its communities and training graduates for their futures. Today, after close to 50 years in existence, the College continues to evolve to meet the needs of students seeking the skills that will lead to a better quality of life.
- Patrol assigned area on foot to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing college’s rules and regulations when required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on college campus, responding to emergency situation involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
1. Successful completion of Paladin’s online Customer Service
2. Successful completion of Paladin’s online Campus Security
3. First Aid & CRP Level C
4. Use of Force
5. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
6. Basic Security Officer Training
7. A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
8. Post-Secondary Education in Police Foundations or equivalent; or relative work experience
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.