Responsible Adult or ECE Assistant. No degree or certificate required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who enjoys working with children.
Our philosophy is to provided a fun, nurturing, and safe environment for the children of the Comox Valley area to spend their day and ensure that each child is having the best possible day care experience.
If this sounds like your responsibilities would be in part:
- support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead play and teaching activities
- Assess the abilities and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with other staff members
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Picking children up from school and walking or driving them back to the centre.
The position is part time after school hours, and more hours during winter, spring and summer breaks. Someone with ECE certificate would have the opportunity to pick up more hours at our other centre, filling in for sick leave and vacation.
We offer competitive wage (based on experience) benefits and the possibility of financial assistance for the right person who wants to go pursue Early Childhood Educator Assistant certificate.
Successful candidate will need to have or obtain, first aid and criminal record check.
Job Type: Part-time