Securitas Canada Ltd.
POSITION: Area Coordinator/Finance (Bilingual)
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 7,500 employees in 24 offices across Canada and 320,000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-site and Mobile Guarding, and Investigations.
This posting will remain open until filled.
Reporting directly to the Area Vice President, the Area Coordinator will act as a Financial Analyst and assist with operational functions and processes of all Area Branch offices.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The Area Coordinator/Finance might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- The Area Coordinator/Finance will assist the Area Vice President and District Managers in the analysis and preparation of financial reports.
- This role will liaison with internal Finance personnel including the Country Controller and National Director of Finance and international support personnel.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Establish and maintain an effective liaison with all assigned internal clients through regularly scheduled calls and communications.
- Assisting in Operational functions and processes for all Branch offices.
- Assists with presentation preparations.
- Compiling of data and creation of reports; making corrections, tracking accuracy, analyzing financial statements and provides financial advice, on weekly and monthly basis.
- Oversees the Area Administration function as it relates to Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures.
- Management of Area office (Ottawa)
- Processes general ledger related adjustments as required; advises Corporate Accounting of any special requirements to modify client profiles.
- Processing, tracking and management of AP and AR invoices and payments.
- Provides account analysis and provides highlights of analysis; provides cost analysis support; reconciliation of G/L accounts for specified areas.
- Support and guidance to District Manager with the analysis and management of their financial statements, including: Monthly financial reports, Collection of Accounts Receivable, Management of Equipment, Annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation
- Reviews G/L entries with Branch Managers to ensure accurate entry of expenses.
- Traces all cash transactions enquiries from both internal and external clients; verifies all adjustments received from Corporate Accounting.
- Training and support for new personnel with respect to financial systems
- Support to HR regarding all aspects of Payroll
- Support to National Office regarding financial data, when required
- Coordination of information concerning: Renewal of Insurance certificates, renewal of provincial/local agency licenses, administrative data concerning local offices, renewal of office or equipment leases
- Main contact for all administrative support staff for Securitas (from other areas, Head Office-Toronto, Eastern Operations Centre and Western Operations Centre, US.
- Documents and investigates invoice issues.
- Completes monthly union remittances and produces tracking reports for monthly union dues and benefits; provides information on employee payroll matters; reconciles asset accounts; reconciles government remittances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Progressive experience in Financial Operational Support.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures and countries.
- Must possess excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize to support an effective/efficient operation and accomplishment of stated goals.
- Must have an understanding and ability to utilize proprietary software/systems.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle with full training provided on internal software
- College diploma in a Financially related discipline preferred
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in administration, finance preferably within the Security Industry
- Bilingualism in both Official Languages required
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioral selection survey
- Must be able to obtain a federal clearance which involves a criminal background check
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Occasional use of vehicle required in the performance of duties
- Occasional travel to various company offices and other locations
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Reference ID: AREACORFIN062020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Vision Care
- Financial Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Administration/Finance : 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English and French (Required)