Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Global Information Risk Management Team is actively searching for a Director to lead Cyber Security Program Governance.
In this position, you’ll report to the Chief Information Security Officer as part of the second line of defense. Working as part of a multi-discipline team you will interact with both business segment risk partners and first-line operational teams.
You will join a world-class global company known for its commitment to diversity, community involvement and work-life balance. Your career will flourish with our strong commitment to personal and professional development and growth.
In this role, you will provide guidance across multiple areas of cyber security based on Manulife policies, standards and also industry best practice. You will also be called on for specific consultation and contribution relating to policy, standards, process. You'll use your competencies in strategic influencing and leading change in combination with technical experience to advance the cyber security governance program across Manulife.
- Supports the strategic initiatives of the Chief Information Security Officer as part of the Second Line of Defense.
- Assures alignment of operational initiatives to Manulife Information Risk Standards and Policies.
- Acts as point of contact for audit and regulatory requests, tracking of Information Security-related audit issues to closure.
- Oversees the department’s financial tracking and budget preparation.
- Consults as a risk-focused senior cyber security advisor on security-related initiatives, solution selection and security assessments.
- Supports the CISO in development and communication of strategy, roadmaps and initiatives to various executive audiences.
- Develops reporting processes to communicate progress of in-flight initiatives, risks and planned initiatives to senior executives and stakeholders in other business units.
- Provides and coordinates subject matter expertise during development or refresh of information security policies, standards and other guidance as necessary
- Direct experience leading and delivering security-focused initiatives
- Proven experience in an advisor/consultant capacity representing Information Security
- Minimum 10 years of information security experience in any combination of risk management, information security or information technology leadership
- Minimum 3 years’ participation in and exposure to various compliance, regulatory and common industry security policies and frameworks (OSFI, SWIFT, NIST, PCI, FFIEC, ISO, GDPR, SOX, etc.) as they relate to the insurance and financial industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management
- Excellent organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM or other relevant certifications preferred
- Experience working in a large, global organization with a remote workforce preferred
- Direct experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
Intrusion prevention and detection processes and technologies
Security threat-risk assessments
User end-point security
Infrastructure vulnerability management
Data Loss Protection
Cloud security (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS)
Identity and Access Management
User Entity Behaviour Analytics
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
Retirement Savings Accounts including a fully funded Pension Plan and a 401(k) plan with company match.
Manulife Share Ownership Program with company match.
Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision.
Generous time off policy.
Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
DressSmart flexible work attire policy.
An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
This is a full time permanent role that can be worked from Toronto ON or Boston, MA.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.