NUDURA – The leader of Manufactured Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF), the simple path to a better built environment, is currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and determined individual. If you want to affect change in the way our world is built, then come join our team as an; EHS & ISO Manager.
Job Status – Full Time Location – Granby, Quebec
Candidates Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates standard operating procedures for manufacturing processes for safety purposes and conducts training sessions to educate workers.
- Evaluates, develops and revises company-wide safety management and hazard prevention programs and procedures to ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Develops, promotes, and implements a proactive and environmentally safety focused culture throughout the organization.
- Evaluate, recommend and procure PPE and equipment using corporate preferred vendors.
- Drives awareness and accountability for EH&S performance through all levels of the organization - provides support and ensures root cause and other analysis is completed to reduce incidents.
- Ensures that company third party accreditations are obtained and maintained (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and others as it relates to business needs).
- Plans and conducts regular safety, quality and environmental system compliance audits and risk assessments.
- Identifies and advises management on relevant compliance and system requirements.
- Controls the company audit and risk assessment schedule.
- Maintains the company library of compliance resources including standards.
- Assess the organization’s business practices to plan the long and short-term objectives for compliance risk management, and develop training and compliance strategies to minimize risk going forward.
Requirements: The successful candidate must have proven accounting skills, and must demonstrate the following:
- Must be bilingual (English and French)
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and knowledge of health and safety regulations is required. Certifications such as CCOHS, OSHA, CSP, SMS, ASP are preferred as well as a working knowledge of OSHA/CCOHS and EPA regulations; EH&S related licenses, certifications and/or membership in EH&S professional associations are desired
- Minimum of 8 years of on-the-job progressive experience in leading and implementing safety and environmental health programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience creating and delivering various training curriculum to adult workers/learners with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a compliance officer, compliance manager or related position with knowledge of ISO standards relevant to our industry and work environment
- Prior experience working with local, state and provincial, and federal regulatory agencies and involvement in negotiations preferred
- Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action proactively.
- Ability to think critically, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mechanical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated and verifiable ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, e.g., from hourly employees to senior management.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing and listens effectively; ability to present information to a diverse audience.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively influence and lead others.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage stress, work autonomously and accept constructive feedback
- Professional, detail oriented, self-motivated, innovative, creative, assertive, organized, communicative, and have the ability to work independently and as a team leader.
Thank you for your interest in our position! Only those applicants that respond to our pre-qualifying questions and who are selected for interviews will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- ISO: 3 years (Required)
- health and safety: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)