Wakefield Canada Inc., is a privately owned Canadian company that markets, distributes and manufactures category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
In 2020, Wakefield celebrated its 15th anniversary as the exclusive Canadian marketer of Castrol lubricants. With coast-to-coast distribution and warehousing, and a large dedicated sales force, Wakefield provides exceptional service and innovative solutions to more than 5,000 customers in all segments, including retailers, warehouse distributors, automotive and heavy-duty jobbers, franchised and independent installers, quick lubes, fleet companies, new car dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Wakefield Canada Inc. is recognized as a Platinum Member with Canada's Best Managed Companies program. This accomplishment puts Wakefield amongst the best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies, demonstrating clear strategy and vision, capability, and commitment to talent.
This role will provide casual part-time support as needed in the Toronto Manufacturing Plant. Typical hours are 30-40 hours/week. Availability for both shifts (morning, afternoons) is highly preferred.
- Flow to the work and perform various tasks as required based on the operational requirements in either the Warehouse or Manufacturing Plant.
- Typical duties may include some of the following tasks:
- Filling containers (totes, drums, pails, kegs, etc.)
- Working on the packaging line
- Decanting products
- Pick and process customer orders
- General housekeeping in the facilities
- Forklift driving (with a valid forklift license only)
- Attend Safety and Compliance Seminars and constantly strive to maintain a safe working environment.
- Support and promote the adherence to all Wakefield policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage workload in a busy work environment and be flexible to change (flow to the work).
- Must be in good physical condition to adequately manage physical aspects of tasks.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and able to work well with others.
- Detail-oriented and displays high degree of accuracy.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Good reading comprehension and mathematical skills.
- High aptitude for learning new concepts and staying current in an ever changing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing plant would be an asset.
- Ability to obtain a valid lift truck license (a valid lift truck license would be an asset).
- Must have, or be able to acquire, the skills required to successfully demonstrate basic PC skills (MS Suite and MS Dynamics AX) and a proficiency in internet navigation.
- Warehouse/Manufacturing Plant environment.
- All required PPE must be worn while performing tasks.
- Hours of work may vary according to operational requirements, fluctuating work volumes, vacations and absences.
Rate of Pay
- $17.85 to $19.89 per hour (as per collective agreement)