Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
In this individual contributor role, the FP&A associate not only reports forecasts and variances but also uses that data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Coordinate and prepare monthly management financial reports (P&L, variance reports, balance sheets statements, capital expenditures and KPIs) by consolidating imports from, and working with business units and other areas of finance.
- Develop financial models, forecasts and analyses at a Company wide level to support strategic initiatives, financial planning and optimal capital allocation.
- Manage ongoing budgeting and forecasting and work with the accounting team to ensure that the organization is on target against budget, providing insight and actionable recommendations on any deviation.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Monitor CAPEX plans and historical investments in each project and provide Return on Investment analyses.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Units and departments to gather key data to compile rolling budgets and managerial reports and send to senior management.
- Prepare ratio and variance analyses and provide recommendations for future best practise
- A minimum of 3-7 years of relevant experience
- CPA (CMA, CGA or CA) in progress (at senior level of program is preferred)
- Education: College diploma in Business or related discipline. A university degree in finance, commerce or business administration is preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is mandatory (Pivot tables, V&H Lookup, simple Macros)
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work well independently and within team environment
- Strong business and financial acumen; able to link business requirements with financial objectives
- Strong communication skills - clear written and verbal communication
Job Type: Full-time