Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946.
Our team is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Regional Branch Managerto become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the General Sales Manager and based out of the Surrey, British Columbia location, the Regional Branch Manager (RBM) is accountable and will oversee all business operations of Sinclair Supply Branches within a designated geographical Region. The RBM will provide leadership, direction and support to Branch Managers (BM) with respect to Branch activities including: customer sales & service, inventory management/control, administration, human resource & staff management including safety. The RBM will ensure regional sales continue to grow and manage overall regional profitability. The Regional Branch Manager (RBM) will develop and lead all Branch Business Operations for Sinclair Supply Ltd.
- Act as Branch Manager for an existing Branch location within the designated region.
- Drive regional sales growth and best practice.
- Increase regional profitability.
- Ensure consistency application of current corporate strategy and objectives.
- Provide leadership to Branch Managers.
- Support the development and implementation of programs to shape organizational culture including all health and safety programs.
- Develop or improve Regional presence and reputation of SSL with respect to customers and vendors.
- Develop a clear organizational plan for the Branches & Region.
- Develop long and short-term sales/margin goals for the Branches & Region.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI’s) Branches & Region and monitor performance.
- Develop benchmarks and report of relevant goals and metrics.
- Identify areas of performance improvement and develop corrective actions.
- Assess regional market conditions and identify sales opportunities.
- Share best practices and success stories with other regions and head office.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, comply with all municipal and provincial. regulations and laws.
- Develop clear succession plan for the region and individual branches.
- Network to improve presence and reputation of Sinclair with in industry.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Provide conflict resolution guidance to employees.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and effectively.
- Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers and vendors.
- Promote and support Sinclair and vendor marketing programs.
- Perform routine visits to customer offices, shops and job sites to assess customers’ needs developing strong relationships.
- Manage all activities of both inside and outside sales teams, lead and own sales processes including: regional planning, customer account assignments and reviewing call reports.
Customer Service Activities:
- Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers & suppliers.
- Ensure all Regional Branch’s meet or exceed service expectations of customers.
- Promptly respond to any customer concerns or disputes.
- Coordinate and participate in vendor training sessions for customers.
- Direct all operational activities for Region and Branches, including purchasing, administration, human resources, safety and training.
- Responsible for monitoring warehouse facilities ensuring a clean, safe working environment.
- Plan, budget and procure required equipment and supplies needed for Regional and Branch operations.
- Coordinate and execute pricing strategy for market, ensure pricing procedures and controls are in place.
- With support of GSM and HR, develop effective staffing model for Region/Branch, identify recruitment needs, coordinate with HR to fulfill any gaps.
- Maintain regional COR certification requirements.
- Review and analyze monthly financial information, develop action plans with time bound tactics to amend deficiencies, where necessary.
- Provide GSM and COE with Regional analytics, prepare evaluation reports on financial variances and Regional trends.
- Produce, maintain and distribute reports to Branch Managers to monitor progress against budgets, A/R collection, solicit feedback on Branch performance through monthly operating review.
- Maintain safety reporting disciplines in accordance with Provincial standards, hold Branch Managers accountable for reporting all Safety and near miss incidents.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education, degree, diploma or technical designation required.
- University education is preferred.
- 10+ years established HVAC (R) industry background or experience in wholesale/distribution.
- 5+ years management experience.
- 2+ multi Branch management experience.
- Valid driver’s license and 5-year driver’s abstract.
- Travel requirement approximately 50%.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a performance based incentive plan, an RRSP matching program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC/R Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sales Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Preferred)