Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Rising Edge is currently only hiring for essential service opportunities. Until further notice, we will be suspending in person meetings and Interviews will be conducted over teleconferencing and/or web meetings. Rising Edge is taking precautions to ensure the safety of our employees and our ability to continue operating. Safety protocols are currently in place to ensure that health and safety is at the forefront for Rising Edge personnel.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the role of a Maintenance Worker is to perform work on repair orders effectively and accurately. The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing regular routine, corrective and preventative maintenance on company’s fleet. This role is also responsible to facilitate and advise the Fleet Manager on procurement of equipment parts, servicing, operation and maintenance of company vehicles. The Maintenance Worker is also responsible to document all work performed on vehicles/equipment and ensure maintenance records and history is always up-to-date. Expectation of continued maintenance of facility through various tasks assigned such as landscaping, yard clean up, as well as ad hoc tasks for building upkeep. Essentially a jack of all trades candidate.
- Perform routine, corrective and basic preventative maintenance on fleet vehicles and heavy-duty equipment.
- Diagnose, repair and service all types of gas and diesel equipment including but not limited to: Zoom Booms, Manlifts, Skid Steers, stiff and knuckle boom crane trucks, landoll trailers, light plant and other support equipment.
- Communicate with the Fleet Manager to procure equipment parts or to schedule outside maintenance, when needed.
- Liaison with Rising Edge's Heavy-Duty mechanic for guidance on repairs and maintenance when necessary.
- Coordinate with Fleet Manager to set repairs and maintenance priority and build weekly mechanic schedules.
- Capable of performing repairs and maintenance in the fields when required.
- Responsible for monitoring and inspecting equipment to avoid failures before they happen.
- Thoroughly examine vehicle or heavy equipment to determine additional safety or maintenance required.
- Road test, troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs – reviewing vehicle maintenance history.
- Accurately complete all repairs and maintenance work orders/ service sheets and submit to the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain a tidy, clean, and organized shop and ensure a clean and safe working conditions at all times.
- Notify the Fleet Manager if the repairs can’t be completed within a specific timeframe and work needs to be completed by a contracted facility.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with mechanics, vendors, contracted repair facility, field staff and office personnel are essential.
- Read, understand electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Make determinations on warranty repair and guidelines, communicate decision to the Fleet Manager
- Ensure parts inventory is adequate to meet repair needs; report supply needs to Fleet Manager, as applicable.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Maintain fleet yard, building facility and surroundings as necessary.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by Fleet Manager.
- Proven maintenance experience.
- Related degree from a technical college would be an asset, High school diploma required.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- General working knowledge of service trucks, trailers, heavy equipment such as: Cranes (stiff and knuckle booms), Manlift, zoom boom, generators, mini hoe, skid steers, and test equipment as applicable in the High Voltage Industry a strong asset
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required
- Comfortable working in all types of variable weather conditions.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in wiring and working with GPS units an asset.
- Team player – establishes trust with team members, stating clear expectations and recognizes group morale and acts to protect and/or build as required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail, strong customer service, time management and excellent communication skills with field personnel.
- Strong work ethics – uses time efficiently, works safely, and ensure everyone around is working safely.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ and come up with innovative solutions to issues.
- Knowledge of Bigroad application and HOS is an asset.
- Strong communication skills – communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Safety conscious and orientated.
- Adaptable to change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Gas and Diesel Equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Diagnostic, Service, and Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Building Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)