PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for setting the pace of production in the FC based on business needs and orders for the day. Performs work under the direction of FC supervisor or manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring all the orders are dropped
- Ensure that labels printed and sorted properly
- Manage flow of orders based on needs of the business
- Entering detailed notes in the system when there is an issue or a special note to put under a specific order
- Ensure housekeeping standards and equipment maintenance
- Duties listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all- inclusive
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving a conveyor. Following all proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards.
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a FC environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate FC equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is a safety-sensitive position.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in FC operations and WMS
- Math skills
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Limited data entry skills
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to operate FC equipment if required
- Minimum twelve (12) months related experience in a FC environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of FC equipment. Prior experience operating FC equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good math, writing and reading skills required
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.