A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Saputo Dairy Products Canada is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor for our Georgetown location. Under the responsibility of the Warehouse Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to in the fulfillment of daily warehouse operations and to coordinate Warehouse functions and activities while fostering a working environment that is fair, equitable and driven to focus on customer service and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates the day to day shipping & distribution functions;
- Communicates with Warehouse Manager and other management to ensure consistent processes & costing are effectively applied;
- Continuously improves operations (i.e. waste reduction & product quality) to maximize operational efficiency and minimize waste;
- Ensures consistent application of company processes and procedures;
- Leads and supervises 20 to 30 unionized employees;
- Develops and focuses team activities on key performance measures designed to deliver business results;
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety;
- Communicate cross functionally to solve operational issues.
- Supports and maintains Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.’s quality standards.
- Working knowledge in a food processing, packaging and distribution environment;
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience in a Manufacturing/Warehouse environment;
- Ability to lead team of 20 to 30 unionized employees (day, afternoon, weekend and night shifts) with varying levels of experience and education;
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills in a fast-paced CPG environment;
- Well-developed training skills are an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills focused on motivating and directing employees to meet and exceed performance expectations;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, GMP and other Health and Safety related programs.
- Previous experience with implementation of HACCP/ISO would be beneficial.