A fast growing Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) was formed in 2012 to provide investors an opportunity to invest in mortgages and generate attractive returns by participating in mortgage investments. The fund has witnessed aggressive growth. Since the mortgage fund was founded 7 years ago, we have been achieving a stable and high return (8.24% - 8.35%) each year. We have won the trust of more and more investors. Up to now, the fund enjoys a national presence as a brand with 22 full-time employees in 5 professional management departments, managing an asset of $150 million and a mortgage portfolio of $140 million. We are adding highly driven and motivated individuals to Gentai family.
Gentai Asset Management Corp. is an exempt market dealer (“EMD”) registered with the Alberta Securities Commission, the British Columbia Securities Commission and the Ontario Securities Commission, providing investment opportunities in private and public issuers to qualified investors.
Gentai Culture: A team of loyal and steadfast people is striving to accomplish a challenging but meaningful task, achieving our mission to become one of the biggest MIC in Canada based on value of Integrity, passion and excellence.
About the Position
The Company is seeking a Branch Manger at Exempt Market Dealer (EMD), to supervise the activities of registered dealing representative in the main branch of the firm. In this key leadership role, you will assume responsibility for the overall success of the branch by working to meet financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch’s personal and investment target. You will be accountable for the achievement of objectives related to investment, customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness with a focus on consistently delivering a superior customer experience. Responsible for ensuring a high level of employee engagement and capability, you will provide direction to branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture. To achieve success, you will embed and sustain a variety of fundamental management activities within the branch while selling customized financial solutions that employ a financial planning approach which meets both customer needs as well as overall business objectives. This role will require good technical skills (knowledge of regulatory rules and requirements), human skills (the ability to manage and work well with people), administrative skills, and decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Making certain that employees perform the duties of their jobs as required, and setting standards for performance
- Ensuring that the branch meets its business objectives
- Monitoring compliance with all rules, regulations and laws
- Coordinating with other branches and senior managers
- Implementing the firm's policies and procedures
Provide leadership and be responsible for investment activities of the Company. Ensure these activities are in accordance with Company’s strategy and set targets.
- Responsible for all investment activities based on Company's business strategy and annual targets;
- Meet the annual sale target by developing, maintaining, and executing a business plan, including sales strategies, to achieve sales objectives and acquire new investor;
- Assesses marketplace and competition opportunities to identify strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses and create plans that address gaps and opportunities;
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals;
- Lead and develop the team of 5 people to build and strengthen existing and new investor relationships by providing financial advice to over 500 investors;
- Continuously develop employee skills and knowledge through focused coaching to ensure the provision of excellent customer service;
- Protect the investment dealer(EMD), the customer and shareholder interest by managing and minimizing the company’s exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines;
- Ensure the achievement of branch objectives through the negotiation, establishment and monitoring of goals;
- Oversee the implementation of established investment policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures;
- Work a pipeline of prospects and core clientele by maintaining an active data base of target customers and core clientele;
- Maintaining and expanding an investor base by hosted industry events, targeted phone calls, email communication and sale presentation;
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements, and develops roadmap for strategic execution;
- Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making;
- Develops and applies the framework for databases; oversees database management in adherence with data governance standards;
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour;
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution;
- Leads / participates in the design, implementation and management of core business / group processes;
- Acts in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Reporting requirements, FCAC consumer provision requirements, and Privacy Act provisions in accordance with company Policies & Procedures;
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed;
- Experience managing people and leading a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Excellent coaching skills with successful experience developing and mentoring a team of employees and assisting them with their career progression;
- Experience managing a team to achieve successful results;
- Ability to effectively assess local market conditions;
- Proven ability to source and obtain new business through relationship building success in attaining individual results and goals;
- Bilingual, Mandarin and English is a must;
- Canadian Securities Course(CSC) or Exempt Market Proficiency Course(EMD) is a must, CIM/CFP/CFA will be an asset;
- Proven success in sales and business development preferably in the investment industry with typical 7 years of related experience;
- Degree in areas of financial and sales management;
Base salary of 80K plus commission plus bonus, exceedingly competitive compensation package in the industry based on the individual and Company performance.
Full Time Permanent Job
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
- management: 7 years (Preferred)
- Mandarin and English (Required)